Saturday

Spring Fever - Strolling through the Daffodils - Stop and smell the flowers

My favorite new hobby - walking - spring fever has hit hard and I am sure enjoying walking in the fresh air.  The crocus and daffodils are blooming and they are so beautiful this year.

Here are a few that are in my yard - they seem to be just the normal yellow variety, but I am not complaining.  I love the yellow clusters.

Checking out the flowers makes me walk further - when I see some in the distance I want to walk up and see them first hand - so that helps me go further.


I am looking forward to the additional exercise I will get when I am out in the garden planting. Here in St. Louis we have to wait until May 1st to be totally safe from frost.  But I am preparing the beds, getting loads of mulch from the park and spreading them.

My body feels tired in a good way from all the mulching, shoveling and raking.  Definitely prefer this type of exercise - working my body hard and getting something accomplished.



 This is the time of year that makes us realize that we really do need to stop and smell the flowers.  Enjoy each moment, savor each daffodil and smell the fresh spring air.

What about you - what is your favorite natural exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment